1 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to read if you're in the mood for...


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday we create a list inspired by a particular topic! This week is recommendations and I've chosen;

Books to read if you're in the mood for literature in books

I love reading books which features literature of some sort so I figured I would make a list featuring those books! 

Firstly I have The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. I read this back in 2013 I believe and I really enjoyed it. It of course features a book club which mainly reads Jane Austen's work. 

There's also The Common Reader by Virginia Woolf which is a collection of essays based on literature or something of that sort. I've yet to read it but I've enjoyed everything I've read by her so far! Also, the title implies it's about books, literature or something along those lines! 

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much is the third book on my list today. It's another book I haven't read but it's apparently a true story. 

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith is a bit different. The murder victim is an author and I therefore count it towards this list! I have listened 30-50% of it but put it down because I'd rather have a physical book! 

I couldn't make a list with books featuring literature without mentioning Fangirl! Cath is obsessed with this book series, picture Harry Potter, and she writes fan fiction. So, yes, it involves literature. 

Then I have The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. I recently read this and I loved it! It takes place in a book store throughout a decade actually and it's sooo bookish! It also gave me the push to make turkish delight for my bookclub tomorrow! 

The New York Trilogy, or maybe just City of Glass, also made this list because the main character in City of Glass is a writer! 

I also had to mention A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf. I absolutely loved it when I read it last year and I think it's a must read for every book lover out there! 



Other books involving literature could be; 
  • Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
  • You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes
  • Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira
  • The Reader's of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
You can also check this list out on goodreads. 

1 comment: