We're seriously half way through 2015 and I can't believe it, I've passed so many milestones these 6 months and I'm, hopefully, going to pass a bunch more before the year is over. For starters I turned 18 in March, I've participated in National Read-a-thon day, I've been a volunteer at the World Book Day event here in Denmark and I became auto-approved and a review was featured on Netgalley. I'm actually quite proud with myself and I hope the next 6 months are going to be just as eventful.
Reading wise I had a great month, I 'only' read 10 books but I gave them, or at least most of them, quite high ratings and I'm quite happy with that. In the month of June I read:
- Manga Classics: The Scarlet Letter by Stacy King 4/5
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald 5/5
- Being a Girl by Hayley Long 5/5
- Only We Know by Simon Packham 3/5
- Almost Grace by Rosie Rowell 2/5
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas 5/5
- How to be Bad by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle & Sarah Mlynowski 4/5
- The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman #2) by Graeme Simsion 4/5
- Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) by Stephanie Perkins 4/5
- The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass 5/5
As I mentioned I passed a lot of milestones this past half year and June has been just as eventful as all the other months. Some of the things that happened was:
- I finished 3 books in a day, only one of which I'd begun the day before. I ended up finishing Being a Girl, Only We Know and Almost Grace before it was even midday and I'm quite proud!
- I graduated and I'm now what you call a 'student' in Denmark
- I applied to the University of Southern Denmark and hopefully I'll get in!
- I began reading A Game of Trones and I'm actually really enjoying it!
- I received my first proof copy and it's signed by the author!
- My boyfriend got me an Instax camera for our 2,5 year anniversary and I'm loving it!
After I was done with my exams me and my sister, mostly me, treated ourselves to some books. We traded a bunch for in store credit so I ended up getting these books for free - basically
- Thank You For the Memories and P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
- The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
- Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nichols
- Only Human by Tom Holt
- Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
& lastly White Teeth by Zadie Smith
I haven't actually read anyone of them yet but since I'm off school until September I have lots of time!
It's not like I have a massive TBR for July or anything but I thought I'd share it with you
I got 4 books from Hot Key Books this month and I'm planning to read all of them
- Lorali by Laura Dockrill
- Paperweight by Meg Haston
- Birds by Jess Vallance
- The Good Girls (The Perfectionists #2) by Sara Shepard
Some authors have contacted me about reviews and if these books get in this month I'll try my best to read them before the month is over
- Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts: A Novel by Janet Delee
- Omega (Omega #1) by Lizzy Ford
I'm also hoping I can finish A Game of Thrones this month!