ARC August is an event hosted by Octavia at Read.Sleep.Repeat. I didn't really know about it when the month started and I never got around to making a post about participating - but I figured that it didn't matter.. At least I hope it doesn't since I did quite well, if I may say so myself.
But ARC August is all about reading all those ARCs that are piling up - and it's actually quite fun since it feels like a month long readathon - a slow readathon.
I read a total of 14 books and 3 graphic novels - all for review. 15 out of 17 was from Netgalley (why do they always accept requests in bulks?) and 1 from Hot Key Books. I also started a bunch of other books but those I had to mark as DNF since I wasn't enjoying them.
A full list of books read:
1. Never Google Heartbreak (Never Google Heartbreak #1) by Emma Garcia. *265 pages / ★★★★☆
2. Tape by Steven Camden. *352 pages / ★★★☆☆
3. Tear You Apart by Sarah Crossan. *384 pages / ★★★★★
4. Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington. *336 pages / ★★★★★
5. Frozen (Heart of Dread #1) by Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston. *365 pages / ★★☆☆☆
6. Pride and Prejudice by Stacy King. (Manga). *376 pages / ★★★★★
7. Fury (The Cure #1-3) by Charlotte McConaghy. *348 pages / ★★★☆☆
8. Princess Ugg (Princess Ugg #1) by Ted Naifeh. (Graphic Novel). *120 pages / ★★★☆☆
9. The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan. *336 pages / ★★★★☆
10. Day 21 (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan. *320 pages / ★★★★☆
11. Doubt (Among Us #1) by Anne-Rae Vasquez. *306 pages / ★★☆☆☆
12. The Mind in the Machine, vol 1. (City#1-4). *104 pages / ★★☆☆☆
13. Portraits of Celina by Sue Whiting. *352 pages / ★★★★☆
14. Love Me or Leave Me by Claudia Carroll. *400 pages / ★★★★☆
15. The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling. *338 pages / ★★☆☆☆
16. The Memory Keepers by Natasha Ngan. *410 pages / ★★★★★
17. Land by Alex Campbell. *370 pages / ★★★★☆
That adds up to a total of 4882 pages not including graphic novels/mangas
If you want reviews or links to the reviews of any of the books just let me know, they're already written and ready to be posted (those who are already released that is). My review of The Memory Keeper by Natasha Ngan will be up September 3 - and my review of Land by Alex Campbell will probably be up not long after.
The 5 star reads:
I will definitely be participating (again) next year!