21 March 2016

Weekly rewind 3.21.16

This week has been quite stressful. My brother had his confirmation yesterday, Sunday the 20th, and I tried to get everything sorted before. That didn't really happen and I think when you take in to account that I was also participating in Slay That Series, it wasn't realistic. At least I had a great week reading wise!

I almost forgot to mention that I'm currently taking my driver's licence! I had my first class on Tuesday (which is why Top Ten Tuesday didn't happen) and I actually have my third class today! I'm going to drive for the first time and I'm so scared!


On blogging
As I mentioned before I didn't have the time to blog because I had so many other things to do! I usually write my Top Ten Tuesdays on Tuesday mornings but since I have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays now I have to come up with another idea! I was quite good at writing them in advance last year but I'm definitely slacking this year! Hopefully April will be better!

I also forgot my First Paragraphs post on Friday.. but at least I posted something, right?


On reading

I mentioned that I was participating in Slay that Series which is a readathon where you 'slay' as many series as you want or can. I managed to finish 4 books and read a bit in 3 others! So, four books and bits and pieces adds up to 1468 pages which is quite good! 

I read four whole books - all by Lene Kaaberbøl! 
  • The Shamer Chronciles #3-4: The Serpent Gift and The Shamer's War 
  • Silverhorse which in Danish is Sølvhesten og Hermelinen 
  • Midnight which in Danish is Isfuglen
I read bits and pieces of;
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #1) by Page Morgan
  • Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott  
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)

So I managed to finish 2 series - one of which I read the entirety of during the week! I really enjoyed marathoning series and I'll definitely participate in Slay that Series or other series readathons in the future!

On the shelf

So, I somehow managed to acquire 8 books without actually using any money! My dad got me the entire Little Women series by Louisa May Alcott as a little surprise! It've been on my wishlist for so long but somehow I never got around to buying it! Hopefully I'll enjoy all 4. 

I also got 4 books to review; 1 for this blog and 3 for my Danish blog but I might review 3 of them on here anyway! 
  • I got a science fiction book from Mannah Pierce; Cast Adrift by herself, it's apparently set in space and I'm excited! I also have a guest post from Mannah to you guys closer to my review! 
  • I got the Danish edition of Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff along with a nonfiction book about prominent characters in literature! It's not translated into English! 
  • Lastly I have a Danish copy of Princess Bari by Hwang Sok-yong! 
I'm planning in making April 'All about the review books' so I'll hopefully get to these books soon! 



On discoveries and happenings

  • I kind of got my birthday gift from Andrea L. Wells! I got a mail saying she'd bought me an Owlcrate so it's currently on its way here and I'm excited! 
  • I got a mail containing a surprise for you guys! I'll soon be hosting a giveaway with 10 physical copies and therefore 10 winners and it's going to be international! 
  • I ordered my first thing on society6 and it's also on it's way here! 
  • I'm on a semi book-buying ban! 

On the blog
Last week

This week
  • (Hopefully) I have a Top Ten Tuesday for you guys tomorrow!
  • I have an excerpt from Debt by Rachel Dunning planned for you guys for Wednesday
  • Lastly I have a First Paragraphs post containing a new release! 

No comments:

Post a Comment