4 March 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Want to join? All you have to do is grab your current read, flip open to a random page and share a non-spoiler teaser. Easy, right? Then just write it in the comments or make your own post and put the link in the comments. - But I like to share 2 teasers instead of one.


The Book ThiefI am currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, I am not that far in, about 130 pages. I think the POV is interesting and definitely different from what I'm used to. 

Publisher/Year: Alfred A. Knopf / 2005
Genres: YA Historical Fiction
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought from the Book Depository
Summary: It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.

Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.


If you want you can read a sample for free on amazon!





I think the first teaser is beautiful! I love this quote and I think I will keep it in mind! The second teaser shows one of my favorite relationships in the book so far, I love the connection between Hans and Liesel - he is the perfect foster father for her and I think he is the sweetest man and he really loves Liesel!


Remember to leave your links in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment