7 March 2014

Little Miss #1: Shy

I wanted to start another series, but this time I wanted to do something entirely different but still something that had something to do with my blog (especially my blogname). Then I started thinking, a "Little Miss Something" could be fun! That I choose a Little Miss or Mr once in a while and turn them into something bookish. For example take Little Miss Shy - shy characters, books that are underrated or books that not that many people have read and such. And Little Miss Sunshine can for example be happy books and characters.




One of my favorite books is 4 to 16 Characters - which only has 96 ratings on goodreads, and that number is simply not doing it. I loved this book when I read it and I think that Jane and Gary was perfect for each other!
I got this book through netgalley, and I tend to not really enjoy the books I get from netgalley - but this was an exception!



I read Who is J.K. Rowling back in January and I loved it! She is one of my absolute favorite authors and since there isn't any official biography out yet, I think this is a great start. I know it is written for a younger audience, but I still think it is worth reading! I checked goodreads and it only has 127 ratings - which is way too low! I recommend this book to every Potterhead




This is not a book, but a short story written by Isaac Marion (the author of Warm Bodies). I really enjoyed Warm Bodies, and then I found out about all his short stories. I haven't read all of them yet, but this is one of my absolute favorites! It is set in the future where sleep is cured. I totally think this story is worth reading - especially because it is so short and so interesting! AND it is free to read on his website!




I think I know 1 other blogger that has read this book - but I've never heard anyone else talk about the book. I picked this book up on a whim and suddenly I was finished with it. It was one of the first book that I finished in one sitting and it is still one of my favorite books! It is set in an asylum for the criminally insane and everything that happens is just so manipulating and you never actually know what is going on. I love this book to pieces and I think you should check it out!




I have actually read this 2 times and I really enjoy it! It is a quick and light read - but definitly not for kids. I love the modern take on the fairytales and I just think it's weird how so few people have read it. I haven't heard any other blogger talk about this book, and since I love fairytales and everything along those lines - it's just weird..





This was acutally also one of my first books from netgalley, I read it pretty quickly and I really enjoyed it! This was one of my first reviews on this blog (I believe it was the second) and because of that review I started to connect with the author - and she is even a follower of my blog! I even enjoyed this book so much that I had to get the sequel the day it came out (which didn't work) so I haven't even read it yet! But what I wanted to say was, that this was a very great take on robots and donating ones body after death!



That was some of my favourite underrated books, do you have any to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment