21 March 2014

Going back to reading books for pleasure

Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner made a post about how she wanted to "hang up her hat as a book reviewer" that post really got me thinking - I feel like I have to review every book I read, and that is getting quite tiring. I know I made a resolution to review all the books I read - but then I read 15 books in a month and how was I to write that many book reviews and still post them within that month? 

Before I blogged I read entirely for pleasure, I didn't review the books I read - unless you count a few comments every once in a while on Goodreads. I took my time with the books I read and I didn't look for things to love or things to hate or noticed all the flaws. I just read and let the book be what it truly is, and I miss that. I miss reading a book and just reading. I miss enjoying a book and let the flaws add to the book. I know that if I continue reviewing every single book I read, I will stop reading.. Because I miss that feeling I get when I read a book solely for my pleasure.

I still have a bunch of books from Netgalley, Edelweiss and authors, so I'm not saying that there won't be any book reviews. There will probably still be four a month (every saturday) but I don't know if there's going to be more than that. The reviews will probably also be 4 and 5 heart reads - because those are some I really enjoy.
I will also try to do some book talks or discussions on books instead of reviewing them.

So to summarize quickly: I won't be reviewing every single book I read, I will review some and do book talks or discussions with others.

And by the way, if there's a certain book you either want me to read or a book I've read you want me to review, just leave a comment and it will possibly happen

No comments:

Post a Comment