22 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Character Names I Love

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This Tuesday is all about names! And I maybe picked 11..... But only because some other names should have a chance... But of course there is a winner.... The first ten is in no particular order, and the last one is my absolute favorite.


Les Misérables

Cosette & Fantine from Les Misérables. I have not read the book yet - but I have watched the movie. My favorite movie EVER.. I think. But that is beside the point. I love France, it is my favorite country and favorite language.. And the names.. aaaah... Cosette and Fantine has always been favorites of mine. 
The Fault in Our Stars


Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars. It is one of my favorite books and the name is just so different - I have not really heard it before. I cannot explain exactly why this name is one of my favorites, it just is. 
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)


Hermione & Bellatrix from Harry Potter .Yes, I went there. Harry Potter is my favorite series of all-time. I grew up with Harry, and when I was little my imaginary friend was literally Hermione. Helena Bonham Carter is a phenomenal actress and she is actually the reason why I like the name Bellatrix.. 

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)

Katniss & Primrose from Hunger Games. Okay sooo, I love the names from my favorite books, I just realized that, or that is the pattern so far. But Katniss and Primrose are just such beautiful names. And they are from nature! I love nature names. My daughter will (hopefully) bear the name Calla Lily like the main character from Nightshade. It is my favorite flower. Sidetrack.  
Uglies (Uglies, #1)


Shay from Uglies. I am actually not that big a fan of this series. I had really high hopes and it did not live up to any of them. But anyways, I really like the name Shay, both for a guy or a girl.

The Host (The Host, #1)


Wanderer / "Wanda" from The Host. This is quite different from other books (except Enclave, they have some pretty nice and weird names). There is just something about this name.. And it has a meaning behind it - that just makes me love it even more. 

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares


Dashiell / "Dash" from Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. It just sounds so good "Dash". And the fact that the guy that is named Dashiell actually likes to read.. Well, does that not makes it more lovable? Also, I love the name Lily. 
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)


Like I said before, Calla Lily is my favorite name out of every name, so of course that has to win, but I thought I would give some other names some credit first... But I just cannot exclude that name. So even though I did not like the books that much, I love the main characters name. Calla Lily. 
what is your favorite name from a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment