18 October 2013

Autumn TBR

So, since there is a lot of new books coming out this autumn, I thought it would be a good idea to actually see how many books I want to read, because... I know there is quite a lot.

Unbreakable (The Legion, #1)

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia. The summary is just so CATCHY! I love Supernatural - it is my favorite show (after the Big Bang Theory). And The Da Vinci Code is one of my favorite books. Could it be more perfect?
That cover! That is gorgeous!

Reasons why supernatural fans should read this book

The Dollhouse Asylum


The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray. My little sister actually found this book before me, and when I read the summary OH MY GOD I just had to read it. And then I find out that it is not even released yet. Bummer. There is some greek mythology, sci-fi and horror. It sounds fun.

Release date: October 22nd 2013 (SOON!)



Parasite (Parasitology, #1)

Parasite by Mira Grant. So I am not that big a fan of her Newsflesh trilogy - except for the prequel - but this sounds interesting. Apparently people have parasites in them, and now they want their own life. There will also be a sequel!

Release date: October 29th 2013



Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)


Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce. I think I have been waiting long enough for this book. I have loved the first 3 in this "series" and since this is from H.C. Andersen (a danish writer) I just have to read it. I grew up with his stories and I still have all of them. I even came up in one of his stories for my final exam and I got A+!

Release date: November 5th 2013



Alice in Tumblr-land: And Other Fairy Tales for a New Generation


Alice in Tumbr-land: And Other Fairy Tales for a New Generation by Tim Manley. I love fairy-tales, and since this is a modernisation of the old ones I think it will be quite different and really funny. I actually plan on buying it and read it aloud for my brother. I think he would love it. 




Allegiant (Divergent, #3)


Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Well, this is kind of a no-brainer. Everyone (or almost everyone) will be reading this when it comes out, right? 

Release date: October 22nd 2013




Horde (Razorland, #3)

Horde by Ann Aguirre. I have not read the 2. book in this series yet, but I really like this series. It is different from the other zombie books out there and there is also something extra in there I cannot quite place.

Release date: October 29th 2013







This is just a little part of my TBR for Autumn. I also plan on reading some classics (Jane Austen and Dracula) and hopefully some of the books I just bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment