28 October 2013

The Happy Bookaholic Tag!

This tag was created by Sabrina from "About Happy Books"!


Lisa = bookaholic
I found this picture last night, and I just had to put it up here. Seriously. I really like watching The Simpsons, but somehow I have managed not to watch this episode. I just thought this picture perfectly sums up what "serious" a "problem" readers have. WE CANNOT BE SATISFIED WITH JUST ONE!
I have talked to my parents about this so many times, my mom had a couple of months where she thought I was just reading TOO much ALL the time. I cannot understand why she wasnt happy about me not being a drug addict or and alkoholic. But oh well, I guess readers have a "problem" anyway.

Now, on to the tag:

1. What do you love about buying new books?
The feeling of a new book. I love just watching the cover and speculating about what this book is actually about (I tend to not read the blurb on the back). Also, the trophy of a new book! Is there anything better? (except reading a good book).

2. How often do you buy new books?
Uhm, yh.... Often. I tend to buy most of my books online, so when I browse around and find a good deal on a book I have heard good things about, it calls to me. 

3. Bookstore or online book shopping - which do you prefer?

A mixture. Books in Denmark tends to be kind of expensive, the average price of a paperback is 22$... and hardcovers 37$, so when I find a book online to 5 dollars, I cannot help to buy it online instead of in the store. Who wouldnt? My favorite thing about bookstores is that you can discover new books, which I think are harder to do online. But the price online will probably always win.

4. Do you have a favourite bookstore?

Not really, but I really like our local Arnold Busck and our second hand book and video store "The Book Worm". They both tend to have the biggest english section.

5. Do you preorder books?

I actually just preordered my first book this monday. I know it will not be one I can buy here, so when I find it online to 20$ for a brand new hardcover.... TAKE MY MONEY. So it should probably be here November 5th.

6. Do you have a monthly book buying limit?

No, I mostly just buy what ever I want to. I have periods where I buy ALL THE BOOKS, and then there is sometimes when I do not buy anything. 

7. Book buying bans - are they something for you?

Not really, when I ban myself from something, I go crazy and have to have it. So if I ban myself from buying books, I will probably use all my money on books in a week.

8. How big is your wishlist?

Big, but some of them I choose to get from the library instead - especially if it is a series or one that is hyped up.

9. Which three books (from you wish list or preorders, or ... ) would you like to own NOW?

Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)


Cold Spell from Jackson Pearce - I have waited long enough, just give it to me!









Alice in Tumblr-land: And Other Fairy Tales for a New GenerationThe Jane Austen collection from Heirloom, they are GORGEOUS! And either my mom or my boyfriend are buying them for me for christmas. I feel like a brat....







Alice in Tumblr-land by Tim Manley - This is on its way.. Hopefully.








No comments:

Post a Comment