13 October 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon: Hour #24 + a quick update

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The 12th, I kind of caved in and went to sleep for 8 hours. Unfortunately

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Well the Harry Potter books are the obvious choice. 

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really, this is my first so I am having a hard time coming up with solutions or upgrades.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I guess this is how the read-a-thon is most years. But I really liked the cheerleaders and the mini-challenges - It was really fun and encouraging.

5. How many books did you read?
4 and I have one that I haven't finished. (I started 5). 

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Love you hate you miss you by Elizabeth Scott
Locke and Key vol 1 and vol 2 by Joe Hill
Midnight Sun (Twilight #1.5) by Stephenie Meyer

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Midnight Sun definitely. 

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Well I really enjoyed all of the ones that I have finished. The last one (Heist Society) was just not what I hoped. But again, I am only 50 or so pages in.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader. But I loved the cheerleaders :)

10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Well possibly a cheerleader or/and mini challenge host. It would be fun.


Update:
Books read: 4
Pages read: 890 (in 16 hours)


There will be reviews of the books that I've read and an "in conclussion" post later today or this following week. 

2 comments:

  1. We'd love to have you back as a mini-challenge host or a cheerleader! There's a huge need for cheerleaders. They're such an important part of the Read-a-Thon! --Andi, Organizer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you be both? That would be awesome!

      If I have the time then I will definitely be a cheerleader :)

      Delete