27 February 2014

Life of a Blogger: Guilty Pleasures

lifeofblogger

Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat. I have chosen to do this meme since I want to get to know others better and think it would be great for you to get to know me better!

So this week it's all about our guilty pleasures... I have a few bookish guilty pleasures, so I will list my non-bookish and my bookish ones. I will probably list new ones while I read others posts, since I know I've forgotten some.

But first we have to define what a guilty pleasure is! Because I love doing those things! But I researched a bit and found out that a guilty pleasure is something you like, but shouldn't like. That sums it up pretty well, don't you think? - We don't actually have the term "guilty pleasure" in Danish, so some of them may not be defined as guilty pleasures by you, but they definitly are to me!

Now on to my guilty pleasures:

Non-bookish:

  • Eating sweets before dinner. Sometimes I just crave something sweet, sour or salty, and since I know that if I don't satisfy my craving, I am just going to get crazy when I first get that sweet, sour or salty thing. So I let myself get a few pieces and everythings fine - but I know I shouldn't
  • Spending the entire day in bed. I often have papers to write, homework or chores to do, but I just love relaxing in bed for an entire day, especially after 5 days with school,working, homework, chores and such.
  • Taking a long, hot bath. I love taking baths, they relaxe me - especially the steam! But I just feel so bad afterwards because I know I am more fortunate than others.. 


Bookish:

  • I love to re-read my absolute favorite books, but I have so many unread books, books I have received for review and some from the library that I absolutely HAVE to read. But I want to re-read a well-loved book instead. 
  • Buying books that I know I'm not going to read. 
  • Spending the entire day reading. This goes along with "spending the entire day in bed". 

What are your guilty pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment