4 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that will make you cry

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls at The Broke and the Bookish. This tuesday it is all about the books that make us cry. 


As usual in no particular order:

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I have never cried as much as I did when I read TFiOS, it still makes me cry whenever I talk about it!
2. The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson This book has some very deep elements to it, it made me cry when Kelsier talked about his family and when Vin talked about her past...
3. Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins If you have read this book, you know what it is that will make you cry! And I just have to say - that is not playing nicely Collins, that is not playing nicely!
4. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness This book... I did not like that ending!
5. If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman Also, that ending.... All throughout I was about to cry and then.. tears happened. 
8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher It is just so sad, and he is literally listening to a dead girl talk - that is creepy
9. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - and then all you love DIES
10. To Be a Slave by Julius Lester This is a collection of narratives from slaves, and it just makes me sad that people can be treated like that..


What is your Top Ten for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment