5 August 2015

Going to university, dreams and my future




I promise to try keeping this short! It's my first truly personal post and I don't want to scare you off.

So I just found out I'm going to start at the University of Southern Denmark September 1 and, even though I'm quite nervous, I can't wait! I applied to the University in the beginning of July and I feel like I've been in limbo ever since not knowing what's going to happen in the next couple of months. I finally feel like I can breathe again, it's the best feeling knowing that the next 5 years of your life are planned!

I just turned 18 this year and I've been a student at Esbjerg Gymnasium for the last 3 years. Every school I've gone to has been close to home, I've never had to travel to school and I've always preferred it that way. Now, I have to use 1.5-2 hours on transportation 3-5 days a week but I actually don't mind that much. I just want to begin the rest of my life, if I choose to take a year off I'm basically going nowhere, so continue studying is the only thing I can do.

I randomly found out about the study comparative literature, I seriously looked around on our education pages and suddenly it popped up. When reading about the study it's basically one big book club: you read a bunch of different texts and books and then you analyze them. Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's the basics of comparative literature and it's right up my alley!

My dream job is to be the director in a publishing company, I can totally see myself in that position and it's definitely what I'm aiming for but I know I might not get my dream job so I have some plan b's and c's and d's.
I can't say that I'm not afraid, because I am. I'm still pretty scared about the future, moving in with my boyfriend, having kids and so on. But I'm going to push through it! I've been scared for most of my life and for once I just want to live! This is the first path I've chosen entirely by myself and I want to see where it takes me!

So for now, I'm just going to take it one day at a time and live life to the fullest! Because I don't want to look back on my life years from now and regret anything. I'm going to start tacking chances.
I'm actually going to live my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment