10 August 2015

#booktubeathon - TBR, daily progress and wrap up!

Booktubeathon is hosted by Ariel, Raeleen, Catriona, Joel, Ben and Leena.

So, in 2013 I participated in the first booktubeathon but since I took a break from booktube for quite a while I haven't been participated in the other ones. I figured I might as well participate in this one since I don't start school until.....

August is quite a packed month and I'm participating in ARC August so I've chosen a bunch of books from my ARC August TBR - both physical and ebooks so I can get a bunch of books of my review pile!

I'm going to track my daily progress, both here on the blog and on Instagram


The Challenges
  1. Read a book with blue on the cover
  2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
  3. Read someone else's favorite book
  4. Read the last book you acquired
  5. Finish a book without letting go of it
  6. Read a book you really want to read
  7. Read seven books

My TBR
  • Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas (nr. 1 and 6)
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik (nr. 2)
  • The Violet Hour (The Violet Hour #1) by Andrea L. Wells (nr. 6)
  • The Monkey's Secret by Gennifer Chlodenko (nr. 1 and 4)
  • All the Things We Never Knew by Sheila Hamilton
  • Black Cairn Point by Claire McFall 
  • Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly 


Daily progress
So, day 1 wasn't exactly as good as I'd hoped. I finished 1 book but I had already read half of it Sunday evening and I got halfway through All the Things We Never Knew 
I read a total of 304 pages, so it's not that bad but I can read about 800-1000 pages in a day if I want to.



Day 2 wasn't that good either, I managed to finish All the Things We Never Knew and begin Because You'll Never Meet Me which I got about halfway through. 

I managed to read a bit more on day 3, I finished All the Things We Never Knew and I began The Fixer, which I also managed to finish. 
I began Rite of Rejection late last night and I believe I managed to read 5%, I'll probably continue with that one today if I don't receive any of the 6 physical books I'm expecting in the mail. 


So day 4-6 I didn't read that much, on day 4 I read 83% of Rite of Rejection and I finished it in the early morning hours of day 5. Then I began The Golden Braid - a title I was just approved for on netgalley and I read about 20%. And then I read 22 pages in Black Cairn Point. Since I was at a day-long party in my boyfriend's family yesterday, on day 6, I couldn't read at all. 



I didn't really have any plans for reading on day 7 but I ended up finishing Black Cairn Point and reading 112 pages in The Monkey's Secret so it was quite succesful actually! 



Wrap up
In total I finished 6 books and began 2 others. I had read half of The Violet Hour before the booktubeathon started so technically I read 5,5 books. If you add up all the pages I managed to read a total of 1935 pages! I had no idea I'd read so many pages but I'm quite proud! Although I read almost the same amount in the course of a weekend because of cramathon.


Are you participating? Tell me some of your favorite books, it would be perfect if it was one from this list or from my ARC August TBR!

No comments:

Post a Comment