I remember being nominated for the Liebster blog award a while back and I just love how the book community share love for other book bloggers. All the awards I've stumbled across so far has been something like this one where you answer questions and then nominate a bunch of other bloggers instead of just a couple. It's a great way to find new book blogs!
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their website
2. Use the award logo on your post
3. Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger who tagged you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Ask them 10 questions
Since I've been nominated by two bloggers I have two sets of questions so 20 instead of 10. I don't want to choose between the two so I figured I could do both!
1.What is the best book you've read thus far this summer?
This is quite hard actually so I'll just name a few: More Than This by Jay McLean, A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas and All of the Above by James Dawson
2. A genre you haven't read or haven't read much from?
Erotica! I've probably only read the first two books in Fifty Shades but I plan to read more eventually.
3. Favorite time of day to read?
All the time! But I usually read the most in the morning or late at night before bed time.
4. How long does it take you to usually read a book?
Well, depending on whether I go to school or not a couple of days. I can easily read 800-1000 pages a day if I don't have anything to do but read and on a school day with chores 400-600.
5. Book(s) you're looking forward to reading next year?
I'm not sure which new releases I'm looking forward to next year except from Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses - the next installment in those series that is. But I hope to read a bunch of classics next year!
6. Favorite author in your favorite genre?
Well after getting an 'obvious' fairytale retelling from Sarah J. Maas she's probably my fave. I liked Throne of Glass (apparently it's inspired by Cinderella) but ACOTAR sealed the deal!
I would probably say Rosamund Hodge as well but since I've only read 1 book by her so far I feel like I can't justify saying so.
7. Character that you want as a best friend and why?
Toria Grand from All of the Above. She likes to read, she's confident, she's badass and she's bi - so I have someone to talk to about both boys and girls. I feel like Toria is today's Elizabeth Bennett. I know that's quite a statement to make but she embodies everything I love about Lizzie and then have character traits I love in general. She's really my perfect character and she would make such a great friend!
8. Do you try to convince your non-reading friends that books are worth it?
YES! I mostly recommend more known books since they can then say to other people they've read them but I also know that some people only read hyped books!
I always tell people to read Pride and Prejudice but it's not a good book to start with and I don't want anything disliking it.
9. How many books were in your most recent book haul?
I'm quite proud to say that I don't really buy books at the time. I bought 8 or so books for my birthday money and other than that I've only bought a couple or so books this year. I've definitely been a good girl!
I still get a bunch of books for review every month though - but I don't count those since I don't pay for them.
10. Book you want to see turned into a T.V. show or movie?
1) Do you have a favorite book to share?
Well, Pride and Prejudice is always my go-to with this kind of question!
2) If you could go back in time, what era would you go to?
The 1800's, the 50s or the 60's. I don't like reading historical fiction but I do love my Austen and my parents keep saying I should've been born in the 50's or 60's!
3) If you've read Divergent, which faction are you? If not, skip this one.
Hmm Erudite or Amity, I've never been able to choose between those two.
According to a quiz I just took (take it here) I'm somewhere between Abnegation or Candor.. So I literally have no idea which faction I belong in. You tell me!
4) What is your favorite game?
My favorite game is Twister! But at the moment I'm quite obsessed with Sims. So a 'board'game and a video game! I figured that's allowed.
5) What fairy tale setting would you visit if you could?
Oh god.. Because I can't choose I have to choose Beau Rivage since every fairytale is present.. Or maybe the world in A Court of Thorns and Roses
6) Do you have a favorite movie?
Well, Pride and Prejudice the one with Keira Knightley from 2005. I love that one!
7) TV or movies?
8) Do you share your blog with family or do you keep it on the down low?
Well, my siblings, parents and my boyfriend's family know that I have a blog and some of my friends do but I mainly keep it on the down low.
9) What is your favorite food?
Pasta bolognese with a ton of garlic and garlic bread on the side.
10) If you had an all expenses paid visit to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Paris... I've always wanted to go to Paris.
- Fiona from A Girl Between the Pages
- Audri from Baked Book Pages
- Trinity from The Midnight Princess
- Denise from I am Shelfless
- Sydney from A Daring Adventure
- Mariah from Vibin with Books
- Rosy from The Review Diaries
- Selena from Life of a Random
- Indigo from Adventures in YA Fiction
- Ria from Lilac Diaries
My questions to you!
- What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while reading?
- Which classic is your favorite? If you don't read classics then which one do you think would be your favorite?
- What is your biggest book pet peeve?
- Do you use bookmarks? If not, what do you use then?
- How do you decide which book to read next?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What do you love most about being a reader
- What got you into blogging?
- Which book is at the top of your wishlist at the time?
- Which book(s) do you look forward to reading these next months? (released or to be released, doesn't matter)
I can't wait to see your posts! Feel free to send me a tweet, tag me or post a comment so I can read your posts!