|READ IN APRIL|
In March I...
- Read 10 books and 1 novella!
- 5 by female authors and the last 5 by male authors
- 3 new releases
- 6 adult books, 3 YA and 1 middle grade
- 7 paperbacks, 2 ebooks and 1 audiobook
- 5 in English and 5 in Danish
- 6 for review, 3 from storytel (like audible) and 2 of my own. (I listened to one of the review books on storytel).
- Bought 15 books and received an extra 5 for review
- Started 2 new series; The School for Good and Evil and Flawed
So, as mentioned I read 10 books in April even with a reading slump thrown in! I'm also feeling a reading slump coming on so I'm looking for the perfect read to get me out of it! Nonetheless, the 10 books I read added up to 2845 pages!
- February (Calendar Girl, #2) by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- March (Calendar Girl, #3) by Audrey Carlan ★★★★
- Half Irish by Peter J. S. Waugh ★★★★ (review)
- I'm Still Here by Clélie Avit ★★★★★
- The Premature Death of Ana Ivan by Mikkel Rosengaard ★★★★
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani ★★★.5
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig ★★★★.5
- Princess Bari by Hwang Sok-Yong ★★★
- Violets & Violence by Morgan Parker ★★
- Flawed (Flawed , #1) by Cecilia Ahern ★★★.5 (audiobook)
My favorite book this month is definitely I'm Still Here it was such a great read but The Girl from Everywhere is a close runner-up. A review of The Girl from Everywhere will be up later this week.
I didn't finish any series this month so I'm still at 9 finished this year so far! I didn't reread or read any classics in April so those numbers haven't changed (2/5 and 5/10).
My YA ratio is lower than any other month, I believe, so that's good!
Since I focused on review books for the month of April I didn't read that many books from my shelves - only 2 so I'm happy with that number. Hopefully I'll read a bunch of my own books in May!
Just like last month I totally forgot about 365 stories and The Happiness Project but I've decided to drop 365 stories since I'm not enjoying it and just focus on The Happiness Project - which I love.
The single novella I read was Black Box by Jennifer Egan which is a spy log written in a twitter format and with a second person narrative - quite an intriguing read!
I want to do separate book hauls so look out for one!