1 May 2016

And it's a wrap for April

READ IN APRIL
Another month gone! It's now May and I'm so excited because of my TBR this month but I'll talk more about that in another post!

In March I...

  • Read 10 books and 1 novella! 
    • 5 by female authors and the last 5 by male authors
    • 3  new releases
    • 6 adult books, 3 YA and 1 middle grade
    • 7 paperbacks, 2 ebooks and 1 audiobook
    • 5 in English and 5 in Danish
    • 6 for review, 3 from storytel (like audible) and 2 of my own. (I listened to one of the review books on storytel). 
  • Bought 15 books and received an extra 5 for review
  • Started 2 new series; The School for Good and Evil and Flawed

reading goals
So, as mentioned I read 10 books in April even with a reading slump thrown in! I'm also feeling a reading slump coming on so I'm looking for the perfect read to get me out of it! Nonetheless, the 10 books I read added up to 2845 pages! 

  1. February (Calendar Girl, #2) by Audrey Carlan 
  2. March (Calendar Girl, #3) by Audrey Carlan 
  3. Half Irish by Peter J. S. Waugh  ★ (review)
  4. I'm Still Here by ClĂ©lie Avit ★ 
  5. The Premature Death of Ana Ivan by Mikkel Rosengaard 
  6. The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani ★.5
  7. The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig ★.5
  8. Princess Bari by Hwang Sok-Yong 
  9. Violets & Violence by Morgan Parker 
  10. Flawed (Flawed , #1) by Cecilia Ahern ★.5 (audiobook)
My favorite book this month is definitely I'm Still Here it was such a great read but The Girl from Everywhere is a close runner-up. A review of The Girl from Everywhere will be up later this week. 

I didn't finish any series this month so I'm still at 9 finished this year so far! I didn't reread or read any classics in April so those numbers haven't changed (2/5 and 5/10). 
My YA ratio is lower than any other month, I believe, so that's good! 
Since I focused on review books for the month of April I didn't read that many books from my shelves - only 2 so I'm happy with that number. Hopefully I'll read a bunch of my own books in May!
Just like last month I totally forgot about 365 stories and The Happiness Project but I've decided to drop 365 stories since I'm not enjoying it and just focus on The Happiness Project - which I love. 

The single novella I read was Black Box by Jennifer Egan which is a spy log written in a twitter format and with a second person narrative - quite an intriguing read! 

I want to do separate book hauls so look out for one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment