17 February 2014

Wicked Valentine Read-a-thon: Updates, TBR, Goals and more!


Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon

Goals: 
I hope to read at least 6 books this week! And hopefully I will have time to read the entire week - even though I have some papers to finish before I start school again. 


TBR:
I have quite a large TBR for this week, but its totally fine since I am almost done with one of them, halfway through 2 others, and 2 others I have made quite a dent in! 


The books I hope to read are:
Amanda's Wedding by Jenny Colgan
Fahrenheit 541 by Ray Bradbury
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Zombies vs. Unicorns
The Preacher (Fjällbacka / Patrik Hedström #2) by Camilla Läckberg
Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Taherah Mafi 
and Eleanor by S.F. Burgess

I also hope to finish at least 1 book from Netgalley, hopefully 2.


If I read all those books, I will have read over 3000 pages - which would be amazing! 



Challenges: 

Valentine's Mad Lib
This challenge is hosted by Chandra @ Unabridged Bookshelf
Word List
1. Book Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
2. Verb: Done (Who Done it by Jon Scieszka) 
3. Noun: Cell (Cell by Stephen King)
4. Verb: Drowned (We the Drowned by Carsten Jensen)
5. Past Tense Verb: Climbed (The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared)
6. Noun: Edge (The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski)
7. Plural Noun: Uglies (Uglies by Scott Westerfeld)
8. Adjective: Heart-Shaped (Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne)
9. Noun: Hero (The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson)

After you have your word list, Scroll Down and fill in the template below with your words

Dear  Augustus Waters
I have done but I have not had the cell to tell you, When I first drowned your story, I climbed in edge. I hope you and I will someday be  uglies. I would love to give you a heart-shaped hero for Valentine's Day. 

Yours Truly
AmandaEmma

That was fun!


Book Title poetry
I have decided to share 2 since I couldn't choose between the ones I made - but bear in mind that it is a bit more storylike than poetry. 







At breaking dawn, the dawn of the dreadfuls
The hero of ages pray 
to the angels and demons
for him to get his empire in black and gold










We, the drowned
looking for.... it
The Final Testament.. 
In the lost library
at the edge of never








It was actually really difficult, but it was still fun!


Updates:
Day 1
Number of pages I've read today: 384
Total number of pages I've read: 384
Finished booksShatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Taherah Mafi
Comment: I am actually really happy with my progress allready, if I just read 300 pages per day I am going to hit 3000 easily!

Day 2
Number of pages I've read today: 402
Total number of pages I've read: 786
Books read: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis, Ghostly Tales by Billy Roberts (netgalley book marked as DNF), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Blood Orange Soda by James Michael Larranaga (another netgalley book I ended up marking as DNF)
Comment: Even though I did not finish any books today, I got a ton of reading done! It didn't really feel like it since 2 was on my iPad and one is a massive one. But I am very pleased with my progress. And I know that Across the Universe isn't on my TBR, but I just felt like reading it - so I did. 

Day 3
Number of pages I've read today: 452
Total number of pages I've read: 1238
Books read: I read about 20 pages of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and about 60 pages of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Finished books: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis and The Preacher (Fjällbacka / Patrik Hedström #2)
Comment: This is going well! I did not read for the entire day though, I took a couple of hours of in the evening and around midday - but it was totally fine since this was my best reading day so far! 

Day 4
Number of pages I've read today: 447
Total number of pages I've read: 1685
Books read: Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins (I have about 50 pages left)
Finished books: Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen and As They Slip Away (Across the Universe #0.5) by Beth Revis
Comment: I think I could have read more, but since I started and finished one of my papers, I have no problem with it. 

Day 5
Number of pages I've read today: 197
Total number of pages I've read: 1882
Books read: A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis and The Medea Complex by Rachel Roberts
Finished books: Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
Comment: I admit that this wasn't my best reading day, but I still managed to squeeze some pages in here and there! and about 1900 in 5 day isn't that bad!

Day 6
Number of pages I've read today: 358
Total number of pages I've read: 2240
Books read: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
Comment: So I thought I was going to like this book... But I am not... I still managed to read 358 from it - which is great!

Day 7
Number of pages I've read today: 303
Total number of pages I've read: 2543
Finished books: A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis
Comment: So I decided to not read books from my TBR.. It works better that way I think. I don't think I will be able to read that much tomorrow or the rest of the week, but I am happy with the pages I've read so far. 

Day 8
Number of pages I've read today: 233
Total number of pages I've read: 2776
Books read: Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
Finished books: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
Comment: I almost managed to read 300 pages on a day where I didn't really have any time to read - I can live with that

Day 9
Number of pages I've read today: 235
Total number of pages I've read: 3011
Finished books: Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
Comment: I reached my goal! And I have finished a trilogy! This is great!

Day 10
Number of pages I've read today: 48
Total number of pages I've read: 3059
Books read: The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott and Outpost (Razorland #2) by Ann Aguirre. 
Comment: I didn't feel like reading....


Wrap up!
I actually had a pretty good reading week! Even though I didn't read all the books on my TBR I still managed to read 6 books - which was my goal. And I finished a book I started before the read-a-thon + a novella. I even finished a series! So all in all this was a great reading week for me. 


How well did you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment