I also started to read 2 books from netgalley, but I had to mark them as DNF since I wasn't enjoying them the slightest. I also started listening to the third book in the Fjällbacka/Patrik Hedström series by Camilla Läckberg on audiobook.
This has been a great reading month for my! I read a bunch of books and I don't think I've ever read that many 5 heart books in 1 month before! Almost half the books I read where 5 heart books!
But in the month of February I read a total of 15 books and 1 novella - which means I have read 23 books this year so far, so I am almost halfway through my goal of 50 books this year already!
Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins (re-read)
Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis (series review)
A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis (series review)
Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis (series review)
As They Slip Away (Across the Universe #0.5) by Beth Revis (novella) (series review)
Antigoddess (Goddess War#1) by Kendare Blake (discussion post here)
The Preacher (Fjällbacka / Patrik Hedström #2) by Camilla Läckberg
Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
Dark Days by Kate Ormand (this doesn't come out before June, so the review will probably be up in May)
The Medea Complex by Rachel Roberts (mini review + giveaway will be up March 2.)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
Average book rating: 3.625
I am still doing well with my challenges!
For my TBR Pile challenge I've read 4 books:
7. The Preacher (Fjällbacka / Patrik Hedström #2) by Camilla Läckberg
8. Dark Days by Kate Ormand
For my Finishing The Series challenge, I've started and finished 1 series:
For my Full House series, I've read 15 books:
1. From the local library: Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
2. Set in different country from you: The Preacher (Fjällbacka / Patrik Hedström #2) by Camilla Läckberg
3. Published in 2014: Dark Days by Kate Ormand (review will be published May 3.)
4. Theme / issue you think is important: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
5. Setting you'd like to visit: Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
7. More than 400 pages: Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
8. Published before 2013: Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu
9. Book with animal in it: Antigoddess (Goddess War #1) by Kendare Blake (discussion)
10. Won or borrowed: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
11. The Medea Complex by Rachel Roberts (mini review + giveaway will be up March 2.)
12. Author new to you: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis (series review)
13. Published in 2013: Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis (series review)
14. Paranormal or SF or Dystopian: A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis (series review)
15. You love the cover: Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1) by Lizzy Ford
If you want to see how well I am doing with my challenges, check out my Challenges page, since I am updating them regularly.
I am doing okay with my resolutions I think!
My 5th resolution is to "use the library more and cut back on buying books".. I am doing okay with that resolution, I bought a couple of books but I've also borrowed a bunch! And since I've only bought 4 instead of 10 or 15 books this month, I think I will call this completed!
My 6th resolution is to "venture out of my comfort zone".. I read a middle grade book (Wonder by R.J. Palacio) and I read 3 sci-fi books and a novella! (The entire Across the Universe series) + I tend to stay away from series and I've started some this month!
My 7th resolution is to "participate in read-a-thons" and I participated in 1 - which was totally succesful since I read 6 books in a week! You can see my daily progress, challenges, TBR and eveything here.
My 8th resolution is to "read the books from netgalley" and I read 2 this month! I absolutely LOVED one of them - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - and I thought the other one was okay. I have reviews of both books! (The Statistical Probability og Love at First Sight | Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1))
My extra resolution is to "re-read some books" - and in February I re-read 1 book and that was Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
If you want to see how well I am doing with my resolutions, check out my Resolutions page, since I am updating it regularly.
I found out that Ebony, who is one of my readers and a great friend, has a blog! And it is actually a great blog! She calls it; The Book Bee
I discovered this awesome blog called My Friends Are Fiction and I especially love this blog because of their unique feature called "Lego Cover Art" where they take a cover and make the people on the cover lego characters - it is awesome!
I participated in 2 read-a-thons, one went really well, and the other not so much.
I won a code to the beta-version of Literally which is a new website that is somewhat similar to Goodreads.
I posted my 100th post!
Across the Universe! I seriously love that series and I have been looking for books like it ever since!
Top Ten Tuesday
Life of a Blogger:
To comment or not to comment? (which was my 100th post!)
In March I am looking forward to....
My birthday the 2.
Upcoming read-a-thon: #AYearAThon: This month's theme is Twilight! Runs from the 3rd to the 9th. (I will not be participating)
Since March is my birthday month, I've decided that I get to read whatever I want! But I think I will read:
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson | An Abundance of Katherines by John Green | The Book Thief by Markus Zusak | The Edge of Never (Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redmerski
How did February go for you?