31 May 2016

May rewind

MAY READS
So, May has been quite the month! Usually it's one or the other but in May I had a ton of fun reading wise even though the month has been very hectic and a lot of stuff happened but I actually feel like May has been a great month overall.


In May I...

  • Read 18 books which adds up to 4934 pages
    • I listened to 2 audiobooks, read 2 ebooks and 14 physical books! 
    • I read 13 books by female authors and 5 by male authors
    • I read 6 new releases
    • I read 8 YA, 1 middle grade, 1 new adult and 8 adult books! 
    • I read 14 books in Danish and 4 in English
    • I read 11 books I'd received for review, 1 of my own, 2 library books and 4 from storytel!
  • Had an average rating of 3.53
  • DNF'ed The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Jane Steele by Lindsay Faye 
  • Bought 13 books, received 1 from my mom and received 14 for review! Only one of those 14 is in English though - although there's 1 from Hot Key on the way. 
  • Continued reading both the Wildwitch series by Lene Kaaberbøl and the Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan
  • Finished 2 series; The Selection by Kiera Cass and Slide by Jill Hathaway
  • Technically started a new series, but since I'm unsure whether I want to continue I don't know where to put it. It's the Reaching out of the Shadows by Mannah Pierce. 
That was quite the mouthful! I like having these statistics on hand though and I really like sharing them with you! 


reading goals
I can't believe I managed to read 18 books this month and there's a chance that I might reach 19 books before the month is over! Because I'm writing this in advance on Monday and I post this wrap up on Tuesday, so I might finish one more book! I'll make a tiny update if that's the case.

The 18 books I read this month is...

  1. Kys by Lone Diana Jørgensen 
  2. Viridians blod (Vildheks, #2) by Lene Kaaberbøl 
  3. Hambros Allé 7-9-13 by Lone Kaa Andersen 
  4. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover ★ (first impressions)
  5. Som i et spejl by Lise Lotte Frederiksen ★.5
  6. The Reader on the 6.27 by Jean-Paul Didierlaurent 
  7. Argentineren der kom sejlende på en cedertræsplanke by Morten Vittrup ★.5
  8. Stalker by Michella Rasmussen 
  9. Forget You by Jennifer Echols 
  10. Cast Adrift (Reaching out of the Shadows, #1) by Mannah Pierce ★ (review, first impressions)
  11. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami 
  12. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad ★.5
  13. April (Calendar Girl, #4) by Audrey Carlan ★.5
  14. May (Calendar Girl, #5) by Audrey Carlan ★.5
  15. Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway 
  16. Impostor (Slide, #2) by Jill Hathaway 
  17. The Invoice by Jonas Karlsson 
  18. The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass 
It looks unbelievable! I can't believe I managed to read so much in a single month!

My favorite book of the month is the only one with a 5 star rating and that is Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover - I LOVED it! I also really enjoyed Som i et spejl which is a nonfiction book about literature! It was such a joy to read both of those books!

Last month my 'finished series' total was 9 and since I managed to finish 2 series this month I've reached my goal of 10 finished series this year! So that's the first goal reached!
I didn't reread anything or read any classics so I'm still at 2 out of 5 rereads and 5 out of 10 classics!
My YA ratio this month is still quite high but I managed to read just as many adult books so I call it a win! I had so much fun reading this month!
I focused on review books this month, just like I did in April, which is why I only read a single book from my shelf which was Slide by Jill Hathaway.
Once again I forgot about The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin but I'm thinking about starting over and reading 6 months at once.. Maybe I should do that tonight!


blogging goals
I finally got into blogging again! So even though I read a ton I also blogged a ton! I've also written a ton of reviews for my Danish blog and I finally got my blog plan in my bullet journal to work for me. I'm quite proud of myself to be honest and I definitely count May as the best month of the year so far!


On a more personal note
I wanted to talk a bit about what I actually did during May so here it is;

  • I went on a date with my boyfriend and I brought my baby brother along! We went to the cinema and watched CIVIL WAR and it was great! 
  • I went on another date with my boyfriend, this time just us on a lunch date since we'd been together for 3 years and 5 months and we wanted to do something special! 
  • My boyfriend got picked up by an ambulance and held at the hospital until the day after. It was quite nerve breaking and I'm happy he's okay! 
  • I began taking zumba classes again and I've definitely missed it! 
I'll share the books I got in May soon so look out for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment