3 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd love to revisit


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday we create a list inspired by a particular topic! This week is all about characters we would love to revisit

I've been neglecting my Top Ten Tuesday's these past few weeks but I've made a blog planner for May and I'm hopefully going to start doing them again! I love lists and books so a mix of the two is THE BOMB! 

So, today is all about characters we would love to revisit. Either in 10 years or as a coming of age story if it's older characters. I'll explain everything as I go along, as usual



Dina from The Shamer Chronicles
Dina is the main character in The Shamer Chronicles by Lene Kaaberbøl. She's 10 years old in the first book and not that much older in the last one. I would love to read about her as an adult, how the world has changed, whether she has kids of her own and if they have the shamer eyes too. It would be quite an interesting read. 

Nix from The Girl from Everywhere 
I recently read The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig and I LOVED IT! I would love to get a novella or maybe an entire novel about Nix 10 years after the ending! I want to know where she've travelled to, where she wants to go, what she's seen. Also, her love life! Did she get kids, want any etc.? It would be so, so good! 

Auggie from Wonder
Wonder by R.J. Palacio is is one of my favorite reads ever! It's deep yet easy to read and I definitely think everyone should read it at one point in their life. I would love to revisit Auggie as a young adult or just as an adult. How his life has evolved, if it has gotten easier or tougher to life with the deformity and if he has a family of his own now! Auggie was such a fun character and I think it would be a funny and enjoyable read. 

Isac from The Fault in Our Stars
I intended to say Hazel, but I fear that it would get too many awful comments since we don't know whether she lives or not and I don't actually want to know. Isaac however I would love to read about, I think it would be intriguing since he's blind and it would be a great survival story and we'd probably still get some glimpses of Hazel and Gus. It will probably also be sad but I would read a book about coming to terms with blindness. There's not so many blind characters in literature and I would love to read more of it. 

Elsa and Thibault from I'm Still Here
I'm Still Here by ClĂ©lie Avit is one of my favorite reads this year and I so want to read about their relationship in 10 years from now! Do they get kids of their own, how is Elsa now etc. 

Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games
This is probably going to be quite a popular pick but I want more of them! The epilogue in Mockingly is simply not enough. 


There's bound to be some I've missed! Which characters do you want to revisit? 

3 comments:

  1. I had Katniss and Peeta on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nix and I agree, I'd love to hear more about her childhood. And Kashmir too! Great list!
    http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2016/05/summer-2016-review-train.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my hands on a copy of The Girl from Everywhere and I'm so excited to get to it! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete