29 February 2016

February recap

FEBRUARY READS
That was February! It has been an okay month for me since I had a break from my practical course but I've also been sick. I didn't get a whole lot of reading done but I managed to reach my major goal for the month; to read The Complete Chronicles of Narnia cover to cover. 

blogging goals
Well, I've been doing fine on my blogging goals! 

I've been keeping up with my 'for review' spreadsheet and I've also been using libib.com! So, at least I'm doing great in that departement.
I haven't used my blog planner a ton but I haven't totally neglected it! 

The goal I didn't reach last month was to update my review archive so it was up to date - but I did it this month and now I just have to update it on a regular basis! 
I also updated my drop down menu so the blog got a tiny makeover too! 


reading goals
Again, I'm doing fine but I've totally butchered my goal of reading from my shelves according to my spreadsheet! Apparently I have to read 5 books each month to reach my goal - but if I buy 2 books I have to read 7 to stay on track and since I received a whole bunch of books this month (review books don't count though) I'm now 16 books behind.. 

I read 9 books in February which adds up to 3048 pages! 

  1. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell ★.5 
  2. Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes ★.5 (review)
  3. Omega Beginnings Miniseries (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #1-8) by Lizzy Ford ★ (review)
  4. 62 dage (=62 Days) by Cilla Naumann 
  5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë ★.5
  6. Hvor intet bryder vinden (=Where Nothing Breaks the Wind) by Leonora Christina Skov 
  7. The Storied Life of A.J. Fiery by Gabrielle Zevin 
  8. The Complete Chronicles of Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7) by C.S. Lewis 
  9. Ildprøven (Vildheks, #1) (=The Fire Trial (Wildwitch, #1)) by Lene Kaaberbøl ★.5
I also read The Grownup by Gillian Flynn which was okay. If you've been with me for a while you know that I don't count short stories, novellas, children's literature and graphic novels as books which is why I count them on the side! 

With these books I managed to finish 3 series once again! Which means I now have to finish a single series and then I've reached my goal of finishing 7-10 series! The series I finished (and started) is;
  • You by Caroline Kepnes
  • Omega Beginnings Miniseries by Lizzy Ford
  • The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis 
I only read 1 YA book this month which was one of the Danish books on the list 62 Days and it was okay but again, I find I'm often disappointed by YA. At least I did great on my 'read (much) less YA' goal. 
This month I technically reread 3 books since I read the first three books in The Narnia Chronicles last year, but since it's the entire series in one book I can't really count it as a reread - but I did technically reread! 

This month I read 5 books from my shelf, which is the goal for each month so that's great! A bunch of these, 4 I believe, is on my 20 before 20 list so I did great with that list too! 3 of these were also classics so now I've read 4 towards my goal of 10 classics! 

I didn't finish any audiobooks but it's fine since I listened to 4 last month! All in all I count this month as a win! 


New on the shelf
WON IN A DANISH GIVEAWAY, MR. MERCEDES BY STEPHEN KING

SHOPPING SPREE WITH MOM

BOUGHT, GIFT TO MYSELF
I wish you all a great March! It's also my birthday on March 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment