26 February 2016

First Paragraphs: The Narnia Chronicles #4-6


First Paragraphs is a weekly meme where I share the first paragraph, and some thoughts, from my current read or an upcoming book. 

Last Friday I shared the first paragraphs of the first three books in the Narnia Chronicles so it's fitting that I'm going to share the next three paragraphs with you guys! I'm really enjoying it so far and while I was a bit disappointed by Prince Caspian (#4) I was very impressed with The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader" and it's definitely my second favorite (after The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe). My goal is to finish this hunk of a book by the end of the month and, since I only have the last two books left, I think I can do it! 

I'm a bit saddened by the fact that the first paragraph doesn't tell what's to come in these books opposed to the first three. I loved that because I found it unique! 


Prince Caspian
This took me a while to read, or at least it feels like it took a while to read. It was very slow going and I wanted more action! It's still a great read though! 

Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, and it has been told in another book called The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe how they had a remarkable adventure. They had opened the door of a magic wardrobe and found themselves in a quite different world from ours, and in that different world they had become Kings and Queen in a country called Narnia. While they were in Narnia they seemed to reign for years and years; but when they came back through the door and found themselves in England again, it all seemed to have taken no time at all. At any rate, no one noticed that they had ever been away, and the never told anyone except one very wise grown-up. 


The Voyage of the 'Dawn Treader'
This is probably one of the longest books in the series and it is so so good! I read it late last night and it is definitely captivating! It's somehow reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean since it's on a ship and other details I can't give you! I also love how we get diary entries in this one! It's really one of the best in the series out of the 5 I've read so far.

There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it. His parents called him Eustace Clarence and masters called him Scrubb. I can't tell you how his friends spoke to him for he had none. He didn't call his Father and Mother "Father" and "Mother", but Harold and Alberta. They were very up-to-date and advanced people. They were vegetarians, non-smokers and teetotallers, and wore a special kind of underclothes. In their house there was very little furniture and very few clothes on beds and the windows were always open.


The Silver Chair
I've never, ever, read or heard about The Silver Chair. I've watched some movie adaptations of some of the other books and I've met Caspian in those movies so I had a feeling of what was to come. This one is totally new to me and I'm going to read it today;


It was a dull autumn day and Jill Pole was crying behind the gym. 



Which book are you going to read today? Feel free to share the first paragraph of said book or leave a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment