6 March 2014

Life of a Blogger: Camping

lifeofblogger
Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat. Every week there is a different topic and this week's topic is camping! 

When I was younger we camped a lot, we practically lived at a caravan park every summer for the entire summer - until my parents thought me and my siblings where too old for camping. I have very fond memories of camping since I met a bunch of new friends from all over the country - I am actually still friends with a girl named Daniella, it turned out that we lived not that far from each other (like 15 minutes in car) so we were best friends for some years I believe. We don't live that close now, since I moved... But I love meeting new people, as long as it's not too many at the same time, and I think camping is a very relaxing way to meet new people!

I remember always going to the beach while camping, it was a 10 to 15 minute walk and I always loved going there. The ocean was so big and I think I started to realize that the world wasn't so small and that we weren't the only country (I knew there was other countries, but I didn't fully realize it until seeing the ocean). 

Another perk of camping is that you get to see new places - if you travel while camping. We never did that so we only saw one place, but I still liked being able to go somewhere else and just relax instead of being home all the time. Camping felt like my second home in the young years. 

My grandparents have always been very fond of camping - my grandfather lives at the caravan park from the day it opens to the day it closes (my grandparents are divorced). 

I have always thought of camping as a sanctuary because I don't have that many bad memories from camping. 


What do you think about camping?

No comments:

Post a Comment