14 March 2014

Birthday Book Haul: part 1


As you probably know, I turned 17 on March 2, and since my dad's part of the family came over I got some money so I could buy some books - and I'm not complaining! I bought 12 books, I got 2 hardcovers and 10 paperbacks. 
If you follow me on instagram you have seen a bit of a sneak peak for this post - but you haven't seen all the books I got, so let's get to the haul! 

1. My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece by Annabel Pitcher I think I found out about this from Sarah Churchill on booktube, and I thought it sounded interesting. I think it's about this little boy whose sister "lives on the mantlepiece" in an urne. 
2. The Edge of Always (Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski I just read my very first new adult novel, and since I own the first one in this duology, I figured I might as well get the other one. By the way, the colour is gorgeous!
3. Wonder by R.J. Palacio If you've been a follower for a while you know that I've already read and reviewed this book, but I loved it so much that I had to buy my own copy - and since it was cheap I thought it was the perfect opportunity
4. How to Love by Katie Contugno I had heard about this, but I'd never read the summary or thought about reading it. Then I read the synopsis, or rather, I read the first few lines; "This is a love story. But it’s not what you think. This is not a first kiss, or a first date. This is not love at first sight. This is a boy and a girl falling in messy, unpredictable, thrilling love. This is the complicated route to happiness that follows. This is real. This is life. This is how to love." and I was sold. I love the cover, the colour and that brief summary (I haven't read the rest of the summary)

5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell This is another book I've already read, but again I loved this so much that I have to own my own copy - because I want to re-read it soon and write a review! 
6. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson This is yet another book I heard about on booktube, I like classics and this is a retelling of Peter Pan. I have only heard great things about it and I am really looking forward to reading it!
7. Nought & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses #1) by Malorie Blackman The same goes for this one, Megan Olivier (from booktube) keeps raving about this book. The summary is intriguing and since I've vowed to read more series I thought this was perfect!

8. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo Again, booktube, but this is a fantasy series set in Russia - and I've heard amazing things about it. 
9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell This is the only Rainbow Rowell book - that is released so far - that I haven't read. I have LOVED and ADORED the other two, so I am really looking forward to reading this one. 
10. Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard I can't read this until Summer because me and Jayd picked this for our August buddy read, but I wan't to pick it up right now! As far as I can tell, it's about Alice's (from Alice in Wonderland) great great granddaughter and she has to go to Wonderland to fix the damages Alice made when she discovered Wonderland. Can't wait! Also, the cover is gorgeous!


My 2 hardcover books:
11. Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers I found out about this last year and I immediatly wanted to read it! Aliens have apparently taken contact to Earth and now we have exchange students from L'heir (the alien planet) and something happens. I am on a major Sci-fi kick at the moment because I loved the Across the Universe trilogy! I have actually already read this one and I really enjoyed it :)
12. These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner Another sci-fi book with a gorgeous cover! Can't wait to read it!


Which of the 12 books are you dying to own?

No comments:

Post a Comment