3 April 2016

Weekly rewind 4.3.16

Another week has come and gone! And I've definitely had an exciting week - even though I've been sick. On Friday I had my last day of the practical course I started in January and on Thursday I had a meeting with an old teacher of mine about a practical course at my old school as a TEACHER! So I'm quite excited!

On blogging
I've started blogging again! I have a few posts scheduled and even though we're just in the beginning of April I have a good feeling about it! 

I also tranferred my blog planner into my bullet journal and I'm loving it! I have good things coming! 


On reading

It's been an interesting week to be honest! I've been in a reading slump because of A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. It's been on my TBR for quite a while and I finally bought a copy for Christmas money back in December because it was going to be a book club book for April! I thought it would be a great, and quick, read and it's definitely not! I'm barely 30 pages in after 2 weeks and I have no desire to pick it up and continue reading.. It's a struggle! 

On Friday I began Half Irish which I'm definitely enjoying! I was loving the first 170 pages and then we got to the 'love' part and I'm losing interest. I'm looking forward to continue reading it later! Because it's going to be my first 'read with me'-post! 

Lastly.. I don't know whether to be ashamed or not, but I read the first three books in the Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan. I got the first one, January, for free and I needed something light to get me out of my reading slump Thursday night and it did it's job. I started February shortly after and I just finished March before writing this post. They're enjoyable but definitely not something special! 


On the shelf

I'm technically on a book buying ban this month - but that's to save money! On Saturday I gathered all the books I wanted to unhaul and went to our local used bookstore to trade them in for in store credit! So technically I didn't use any money on the books I got! I still have a ton of credit but The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger were the only books I wanted - for now. 

I also got a surprise package from Lindhardt & Ringhof - a Danish publishing company - containing the Danish translation of Losing it by Cora Cormack! It was released here in Denmark on Friday and people are loving it! 

Lastly I got a sample of the first volume of Calendar Girl which turned out to be the entire January section of the book! So now I have a physical, free, copy on my shelf! 


On all the rest

This week

Next week
  • I have my April TBR planned for tomorrow! 
  • And as always Top Ten Tuesday; this time it's going to be about bookish people to follow on social media! 
  • Lastly, when it comes to what I have planned at this point, is my usual First Paragraphs post and a weekly rewind on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment