4 May 2015

DIY: 'Review on a bookmark' bookmarks!

I stumbled upon the 'review' bookmarks from Knock Knock and I've been interested in something similar since I don't want to pay a lot for bookmarks I'm going to use once. Then I found these bookmarks from Wild Olive and even though they're quite cute they're not really what I'm looking for but it's great for inspiration!

I decided it would be best to make my own 'review on a bookmark' bookmarks and it's quite easy! I bought some large gifttags in Søstrene Grene for a dollar and some watercolors (which is totally optional). I've made a bunch of different ones and my goal is to match each bookmark to the book it 'belongs' to.

I quite like that they're not just white, black or brown and I think they're quite cute with the ombre thing going on.

Now on to what this is actually about, the review part:

I have divided it into two parts: the 50 page mark and a part for when you're done with the book. I judge a book on the first 50 pages so I want to be able to put my thoughts about those pages on my bookmark.

I don't know if I'll be able to but I'll try to summarize the first 50 pages and then the entire book in a single word. I want to choose a smiley that explains my feelings towards the book, I want to rate the characters, the plot and the setting from 1 to 5 stars and then I can add whatever I feel like towards the end.
The colored bottom is for the final rating.

It's such quite a quick way to summarize your thoughts for a review!

I may change or add to it in the future but for now I'm quite happy with the result. But, if I should change it, what do you think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment