31 December 2013

Top 13 Tuesday + Teaser Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is as usual hosted by the team at The Broke and The Bookish
This Tuesday it is all about the best books we read this year, since it is 2013, I wanted to choose 13 books instead of 10. But in no particular order:


  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, I think you may have noticed how much I love this book, I think I chose TFiOS for most of the answers in the End of the Year Survey
  2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I just read this like, last week and OMG! This book was so good! I laughed, cried and was just way to excited about everything that happened! I was literally on the verge of tears most of the time.. Because I get way to emotional
  3. Unbreakable by Kami Garcia... In my review I explained how scared I got while reading this book - and that does not happen often. But all I have to say is that you seriously have to read this book - but only if you have the lights on! (review here)
  4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I seriously love Isaac Marion, he is an amazing author and storyteller. His short story Somnia, is actually my favourite one ever!. But how can you not love a book that is written from a sweet zombie's perspective? 
  5. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, the movie is one of my all-time favourites, so of course this is obviously one of my favourite books.
  6. Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle & Maureen Johnson. I loved this book, so many feelings, so many snowflakes! and all in all 3 wonderful intertwined stories. (review here)
  7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett, I love reading about segregation, because I think it is so interesting and macabre how it "worked". This book was so good, Stockett is amazing with words and voices. I had different voices in my head every time the story switched to another person - it was amazing
  8. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. This book is amazing! and that is all I have to say - everybody can probably relate to this book
  9. Divergent by Veronica Roth, I read this entire series and I really enjoyed it. I loved the idea about factions and having to choose where you feel like you belong. (series review here)
  10. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - this book is intriguing, fun, heart-warming and overall extremely enjoyable. I love everything about it!
  11. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. This book was the first one I read from Rowell, and needless to say I LOVED it. Not as much as Fangirl - but nearly! I read it in one sitting and smiled the whole time!
  12. 4 to 16 Characters by Kelly Hourihan, I laughed every time Gary was in the picture and every time they were talking, Gary is such a fun, awkward and quirky character that you cannot do anything but love him! Jane was not my favourite main character ever, but I still enjoyed the book
  13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. I love children’s literature, it is so sweet and light-hearted. This one was not an exception - and it comes with a message that many children could learn from!




Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Want to join? All you have to do is grab your current read, flip open to a random page and share a non-spoiler teaser. Easy, right? Then just write it in the comments or make your own post and put the link in the comments. - But I like to share 2 teasers instead of one.

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Since I am taking a little break from reading, so I can spend some time with my boyfriend before going back to school, I am only reading 1 book right now, and that is Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - which is tecnically a re-read. But lets get on with the teasers. 

"There's no question of privacy. When it comes to my body, we have no secrets, these three people and me."

"But what can he do? The Games were such a hit here,where the berries were only a symbol of a desperate girl trying to save her lover."



Remember, that if you leave your link to either your Top Ten or Teaser I will gladly check them out and leave a comment! Happy reading!





    No comments:

    Post a Comment