24 April 2016

Dewey's 24 hour readathon, April 2016 - Report

MY PROGRESS TRACKER IN MY BOOKISH BULLET JOURNAL
Before
All the snacks have been prepared and the cookies are now OUT of the oven! Can't wait to start reading! 15 minutes to go. 


Opening meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Denmark! 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I think my TBR is quite exciting so I can't choose one book but The Girl from Everywhere, The School for Good and Evil and Carry On are definitely on the top! 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

My chocolate chip cookies and strawberries! 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I usually fail miserably when it comes to this readathon - let's change that today! 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Well, I've prepared all the snacks ahead of time and I sent my boyfriend to his friends instead of letting him stay home - he always interrupts me! I also have a ton of snacks and I've made a great TBR! 

After 
So, the readathon ended 3 hours ago and I'm now doing my wrap up post! I feel a bit behind..
Nevertheless. I had quite a relaxing readathon! I stayed away from all social media - which unfortunately means that I forgot to make updates - so I didn't feel pressured and I just read. 


I began with The School for Good and Evil because I've been wanting to read it for a while! A magic school and fairy tales - that's basically everything I want in a book. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I'd hoped to and even though it is a middle grade it was tough to get through. I'm still debating whether I should write a review or not!

I then picked up Black Box in the final hours before midnight (the 10-11 hour) and I was surprised! It was so intriguing and hard to put down! It's written in second person and it's some sort of spy log. Definitely a great read for a readathon.

I then went to bed and I picked up The Girl from Everywhere the moment my eyes opened. I also found this one hard to put down! It's so different from anything else I've ever read and I just love it! Nix can navigate through time using maps! LOVED IT!

That adds up to a total of 933 pages and I also listened to half an hour - 45 minutes of Flawed as an audiobook!

How did your readathon go?

No comments:

Post a Comment