8 September 2015

Top ten finished series I need to read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.
Series have been clouding my mind for a couple of months now, I've tried to sort them into different categories and I've even written some posts about series. For example I've had the 'series I need to finish' and 'all the series I won't finish' - and I've told you countless times how bad I am at reading series. I figured that since I'd already made a series I need to finish, I'd change this one and make it series I need to read! 

So, the top ten finished series I need to read! 

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings (2 books and a novella)
I've been following Lindsay on Instagram for a while. After seeing so many people rave about her books and getting to know her I really want to read her books! I love how the only line from the summary I can remember is 'the death rate is higher than the birth rate' - it definitely intrigues me and I like my duologies! 

The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood (3 books) 
I really like my witch books and this is a series that I've been eyeing for a while. The only thing I really know about this series is: witches. That it's it. 

The Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano (3 books and a novella)
I read a bit of it when I received it a couple of years ago but I put it down 
because I didn't have time for it. Now, a couple of years later, I'm still intrigued and I still want to read the whole series! All I remember is: there's more men that women and women are kidnapped and bought to ensure a future for the rich or something like that. 

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (2 books)
So, another series I've been eyeing that I know next to nothing about. I think that people are in desperate need of water because there's not a lot left.. Or something along those lines. 

Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman (4 books and 2 novellas)
Again, a series I know next to nothing about. I know that it's one of Megan Olivier's (from youtube) favorite series or something like that. It has something to do with the population being divided into noughts and crosses (like races) and that's basically what I know. I've had the first book on my shelf for a couple of years now.. I feel bad. 

The Cemetery ofForgotten Books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (3 books and a novella)
A series about books? Who wouldn't want to read that?

Codex Alera by Jim Butcher (6 books)
A fantasy series Regan from PeruseProject likes - it's a long series and the books are big.. Maybe after I've finished A Song of Ice and Fire? 

The CarrieDiaries by Candace Bushnell (2 books)
The Carrie Diaries is basically my favorite series ever! I loved the cast and I've been meaning to read the books for quite a while - I'm scared it won't live up to my expectations though. 
I also quite enjoy Sex and the City and I'm looking forward to getting to know young Carrie! 

Breathless by Maya Banks (3 books)
Even though I'm not really into erotica I have a few series I want to read and Breathless is one of them. I have the whole trilogy waiting for me on my shelf when I've read Fifty Shades Freed

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (6 books)
Even after all the hype surrounding this series I'm intrigued. I've been on a Vampire Diaries kick for the last few weeks and I think the Fall is perfect for a paranormal series! 

Remember to leave your Top Ten Tuesdays in the comments! Which series should I read first and is there any other series you think deserve a spot on this list? 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't started any of these series although I would like to read Vampire Academy as I have heard good things about it!

    Just to let you know, I've also nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish blog!

    ReplyDelete