21 February 2016

Weekly rewind 2.21.16

And we're here again! I've been on a break this whole week so I've been able to read a lot! I also saw my mom on Thursday to grab lunch and we ended up shopping - well, we ended up in a bunch of different book stores and of course I left with some!

It's definitely been a great week with reading and blogging - I have a bunch of posts scheduled and I'm all caught up with reviews again! I've also been quite inspired by everything so I have a ton of ideas for new blog posts!


On blogging
I feel like this has been the perfect month when it comes to blogging! I've written so many posts and for once I feel like I'm actually back! 


On reading
READS, THIRD WEEK OF FEBRUARY
Yes, I've read a ton this week! I finished Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë and I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed. I'm a bit hesitant going into Jane Steele now. I also continued The Complete Chronicles of Narnia but I only read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe even though I'd hoped to read The Horse and His Boy too - maybe I'll read it today? You can read a couple of thoughts on the first two books on The Narnia Chronicles here

Then, suddenly, I went on a bit of a reading spree. I read Hvor intet bryder vinden (=Where Nothing Breaks the Wind) by Leonora Christina Skov. It's basically a new interpretation of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. It was actually really great and definitely one of my favorite reads of the year so far! I then, finally, read The Storied Life of A.J. Fiery by Gabrielle Zevin. I've tried listening to it as an audiobook but I wanted to save all the lovely bookish quotes, I then borrowed it from the library but I ended up returning it. Now, since I just got it, I saw the perfect opportunity to read it! And it was great! Not as good as I was hoping though but wonderfully bookish! 

Lastly I have The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster. I tried picking it up earlier this month but I wasn't  feeling it. I've read about 50 pages and well, it's quite weird so far! Hopefully I'll end up really enjoying it! 

I also read The Grownup by Gillian Flynn this week and I really don't think she's the author for me. I've been disappointing by both this one and Gone Girl and I never finished Sharp Objects


On the shelf

I might have gone a bit crazy with books this week - but I didn't spend anything! I had some credits at my local used bookstore and I still have some left! My mom also got me one of them! 

The first two books are by Lene Kaaberbøl - the author of The Shamer Chronicles. I'm unsure whether the rest of her books are translated in English but I really enjoyed The Shamer's Daughter so I've slowly been collecting her books when I find them for a reasonable price! The first one is a standalone - which is definitely not something she usually writes - it's called The Shadow Gate or Gateway in English. The other book I bought is Wildwitch which is her newest series! 

My mom got me The Storied Life of A.J. Fry as an early birthday present because she knew I wanted it. As you can tell from the picture above I've already read it! It's so bookish!

The last Danish book I got is Idun by Johanne Hildebrandt. It's a name, so I can't translate it! It's the second one in a series about Northern mythology and I just love reading about northern mythology! I'm not going to read Rick Riordan's new series though - he's not really the author for me! 

Even though I'm quite hesitant about Steinbeck I couldn't pass up Sweet Thursday or the bindup of Of Mice and Men and Cannery Row. As far as I can tell Sweet Thursday is the sequel to Cannery Row or at least takes place in the same area. I hope all three are better than The Pearl

It is not often that I buy books I've already read but I had to buy The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon! Even though I initially gave it 3 stars I've been raving about and I've been in the mood for rereading so it's perfect! 

Lastly I bought The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart. Apparently a man lets a dice make all his decisions or something along those lines and both my sister and brother wants to borrow it! It's also quite a nice edition! 

I also received a book for review, but since it's in Danish it's not too interesting for you guys. 


On discoveries
This week I found out what a bullet journal is and I now have two dotted notebooks from Moleskine in the post. It's so cute and I love that I can style it the way I want! 


On all the rest
On the blog: 
Next week:
  • Tomorrow I have a review of Hidden Bodies the second book in the series about Joe Goldberg, the stalker, coming! It's going to be released on Tuesday! 
  • As always I have a Top Ten Tuesday on Tuesday! I'm bringing you books I enjoyed recently which were out of my comfort zone! It was a tough one!
  • Then I have an author interview with R.P. Channing
  • Lastly, or at least that's all I have planned so far, there's a First Paragraphs post on Friday as always. 


I hope you had a great week to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment