3 February 2016

My February reading stack

February reading stack

I've finally put together my TBR for February, or rather the stack from which I choose books to read. I'm not that good with TBR's but somehow I stuck to the one I made for January so I'm going to make an official one this time.
My stack this month consists of 8 physical books and 1 title from Netgalley.

The first book (in the picture) is The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster which consists of City of Glass,  Ghosts and The Locked Room. I originally bought this for a class last year but since I chose not to continue I never got around to it. I'm quite intrigued by it and since it's a whole trilogy fitted in a regular sized book I feel like I can manage! Also, I know there's a writer in the first book, that's about it.

Since I started Nineteen Eighty-Four a few days ago I hope to finish it this month, which should be quite doable since I've read 234 pages out of 342. I'ts okay so far and I hope to talk more about it on Friday where I'll share the first paragraph and my thoughts with you guys!

I can't remember if I told you guys about my recent obsession with Sherlock Holmes in my wrap up for January but I've recently come across the TV series with Benedict Cumberbatch and I'm in love! That is why I need to read The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - or rather, that is the goal. I definitely want to read a couple of stories from this collection and finish it by the end of the year.

Then I have a Danish book I've received for review called Hvor intet bryder vinden by Christina Leonora Skov. As far as I can tell it has an And Then There Were None-feel to it - which is why I wanted to read it. 4 people travel to an Island and things start to happen.

Apparently our bookclub has chosen to read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia, #2) by C.S. Lewis - and we're actually meeting on my 19th birthday; March 2nd! I therefore want to read 3-4 of the books in the Narnia Chronicles - especially since it's on my 20 before 20 list and since my birthday is next month I don't have that much time.

As I mentioned in my Reading Challenges and Goals for 2016 post I need to read more of my own books! And my boyfriend chose 12 books from my shelves - one for each month - that I have to read. White Queen by Gwyneth Jones is the book for February and all I now is that it's a science fiction book.

Omega Beginnings Miniseries by Lizzy Ford is the next one on my list. It's a collection of all the short stories in the Omega Beginnings Miniseries - of course. I believe there's 7 or 8 stories in the series! Lizzy Ford kindly sent this to me for review and I can't wait to read it!

Lastly but not least, on my physical TBR, we have Jeg er her stadig (= I'm Still Here) by Clélie Avit. I received this one for review back in December and I need to get my review pile down! It's a beautiful cover and I hope the story is just as beautiful.

I also want to finish Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes which is going to be released on February 23rd. I hope to have a review for you guys on the release date - but I'm definitely enjoying it!

Lastly I have to continue my yearlong reads which is 365 stories by James Robertson and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I'm a bit behind with those books but since I don't have to read them all the way through yet I should be able to catch up.
I was also thinking of sharing my favorite story, maybe stories, from 365 stories - would that be something you'd like?

What's on your reading stack or TBR for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment