13 October 2014

Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-thon

Last year in October I discovered the 24-hour read-a-thon that takes place twice a year and I've failed both times I've participated. I was up for 12-15 hours the first time (12 hours in a row, then I slept and woke up and read for the remainder of the read-a-thon) and back in April I only read for 6-10 hours because I had things to do.
Both times I had a TBR that consisted of 4-8 books and I think that may have been a bad idea because I'm one of those people that have a hard time getting in to books, I have to read at least 50 pages before I know if I want to keep reading or not and most of the time I read those 50 pages quite slow. This time I want to do something different, I want to try my hardest to stay up for the whole 24 hours AND I will tackle a single big book this time instead of a bunch of short ones. I have 4 books I'm thinking about, now I just have to choose which one.

That's where you come in, which one of these do you think I should read, and why?




Opening meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Denmark, Europe! 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

This time I'm trying the one-book stack and I've chosen Under the Dome since it fits October so well.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I don't really have any snacks lined up, I'm more into drinks instead of snacks so I'm looking forward to my favorite tea and ice cold cranberry juice ^^

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I walked on a catwalk for the first time today in the most gorgeous gown ever! 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

This is my third time :)
As I mentioned I'm going to try the one-book stack for the first time. Since I'm sick and don't feel so well I don't know if I can stay up all night and read :/ 

4 comments:

  1. I've actually never read any of these books but I would pick The Well of Ascension. I've just recently heard about the Mistborn series but what I've heard so far has been good. Good luck with your read-a-thon with which ever book you decide to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - 4 chunksters - good luck with that!
    Stephen King is guaranteed to suck you in and keep you wanting more:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so curious how your decision to try a big book has worked out. Hope it did!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a great Read-a-Thon! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete