7 July 2015

To all the books I've loved before, a tribute

Yes, I stole that title from Jenny Han's book but I don't care! I haven't read it and I have no idea whether I want to or not but I guess time will tell! I've read a lot of books and some of them just lie on shelves or some I've forgotten. This is a letter type thing to all the books I've loved before, and still do

Dear Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, you got me through some rough times, some
tough times and you helped me grow up. You were there with me every step of the way and for that I'm glad, I loved growing up with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Dumbledore, you made my childhood what it was.

Dear Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, we've spent quite a lot of time together and you've been in my life when times where tough and I really needed you. You taught me that it's okay to be sad and you got me to accept that life isn't fair and life is life. You simply can't do anything about it other than live it. You gave me valuable life lessons and made my life better.

Dear The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, you got me into reading again! We spent some marvelous nights together, rather few actually but I love you anyway. We've had some amazing adventures together, some breathtaking moments and some terrifying episodes. I love you!


Dear Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, you were my first classic, my first love, my first book boyfriend and my first obsession. You took me by surprise, you ripped my heart out and put it back in. You took my breath away and you made my heart beat. I think about you all the time and it's about  time for a visit, I love spending time with you and even though it shouldn't be possible each time is better than the last. Never leave me!

Dear The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, you were my first thriller, my first mystery and my first reread. I've loved you for a long time and we've been together so many times these past years. You taught me that a book doesn't have to be read and then put on a shelf for the rest of its days, you taught me that reading a book multiple times is marvelous.



Dear A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, you are breathtaking and wonderful. Our time together was glorious. Yes, there was tears, but there was also smiles and a lot of other emotions.



 Dear Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, you made me bond with my best friend, you taught me that books out of your comfort zones don't have to be a bad thing and you made me realize that sometimes clichés aren't that bad. You were my first vampire book and one of my first YA books.



Dear The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, I have no words for my love to you, even though I didn't grew up with you I still feel like I grew up with you. You're moral is important for me and I love you. Your story is wonderful, the illustrations marvelous and I wish I could live in your world.

Dear The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, you were probably my first nonfiction book. You taught me positivity, you taught me the art of relaxation and you taught me to take control of my life. I've learned so many valuable life lessons from you and I will treasure you forever! Your lessons have made my life so much better and for that I thank you

Dear The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, you were my first ebook and you took me by surprise. I had expected a different ending and you definitely made me cry. You're emotional which means you made me feel all the feels and I'm thankful. You made me feel at a time I needed to feel again and you got me out of my slump, for that I thank you!


Dear Fangirl, Attachments, Landline and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, you taught me to love love stories, you made me feel all giddy and gave me butterflies! I love all of you and your stories has definitely put a smile on my face! Thank you for all the good times, the smiles, the butterflies and the feels, I love you!


Dear Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce, you were my first retelling and I've treasured stories like you ever since. You made me realize that retellings is my favorite genre and you made me love that genre, you have shaped my reading taste and I will never go back. I love retellings and I'm glad you were my first.


Dear Wonder by R.J. Palacio, you took me buy surprise, I read you with eyes full of tears and I love you immensely. Your story is wonderful, it teaches so many life lessons and you're a must read for people of all ages. You have made a big impact in my life and I wish everybody take something from your story. I love you.


Dear If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher, you helped me in a time of my life where I didn't know I needed help. You put a smile on my face and you inspired me! You helped me realize a lot of things about myself and you taught me to do random acts of kindness for strangers. You've helped me see my way in life clearer and you made me realize that needing help is not a sign of weakness and asking for that help isn't a sign of weakness either. I thank you for all your lessons.


Do you have any books you've loved and/or want to thank? You're welcome to write a letter to the books you've loved before, and please tag me, I would love to read your letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment