14 February 2015

Romance for Valentines Day!


I honor of V-day I figured I might as well recommend a bunch of my favorite romance novels and I'll probably throw some - okay, a lot - of contemporaries in the mix as well.

A couple of years ago I practically despised romance book - I just didn't want to read about it but this past year I've gotten really into reading romance and contemporary books - I've even found chick-lit quite enjoying. My favorite romance of all time is probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen!


Rainbow Rowell is probably the only author where I've loved every single book said author has written. I've read all of her books and enjoyed all of them. For me they are definitely feel good books - there's romance, friendship and humor and I recommend them to everyone! I'm almost certain that if you find yourself reading one of her books you'll enjoy it immensely! 
My first book by Rainbow Rowell was Attachments, I didn't know anything about it at that point and I just started reading. Suddenly it was the middle of the night, I had just finished reading it and I was craving more Rowell! 



 I recently read and enjoyed A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. It's quite short but the storyline is wonderful! It's about a couple and the story is told from everyone but them! I laughed when we suddenly are told the story from a bench's point of view - even a squirrel! It's heartwarming and funny and it will definitely put a smile on your lips!




I read The Edge of Never last year and I remember loving it! It's a new adult roadtrip book and it was very surprising. The relationship between the two main characters evolve instead falling for each other the second they lay eyes on each other they start talking and suddenly become friends. For me I loved that relationship, it felt more natural than the ones in other books and I definitely swooned!



I read this a year ago, I picked it up on a whim and suddenly I had read the whole book! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight surprised me, it was fluffy but deep and I had definitely not expected that. I loved the plot - even though I didn't know what it was about when I started reading it. I fell in love with the characters and I kept wanting to know more - I craved the relationship between the two main characters. It's quite a short read but the story lacks nothing!



The first couple of lines of the summary for this book made me want to read it and I was definitely not disappointed!
This is a love story. But it’s not what you think. This is not a first kiss, or a first date. This is not love at first sight. This is a boy and a girl falling in messy, unpredictable, thrilling love. This is the complicated route to happiness that follows.

This is real. This is life. This is how to love.




This is probably one of the sweetest, funniest, heart-warming books I've ever read. I'd barely read a page before I laughed out loud and I knew I was going to love it. This book draws you in and makes you want to keep reading. The relationship in this book may be one of my favorites EVER - I kept swooning and when I'd finished the book my cheeks hurt from smiling!





Lastly, if you're still in the mood for some Christmas romance I recommend these; 


Do you have any favorite romance books I haven't mentioned here?

No comments:

Post a Comment