28 February 2015

Monthly wrap up for February


Another month gone! Even though February is the shortest month of the year this one felt quite long to me - maybe because so much has happened this month that I feel like it's been longer than it actually has. February was, as aforementioned, quite eventful and I read a total of 12 books this month and a single short story. I somehow managed to read a book for each rating this month, I think it's a first. I also managed to read all the books, I have for review, that's releasing next month - and the reviews are already scheduled. Yes - I've been productive this month! Oh well, the books I read were;

Quick update; Somehow I managed to read the rest (half) of Fifty Shades of Grey on Friday, start Fifty Shades Darker (the sequel) and somehow finishing that today - on the very last day of February. So that gives me a total of 14 books this month!
  1. Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe #1) by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★★
  2. If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher ★★★★★
  3. Fish Out of Water by Natalie Whipple ★★★★☆
  4. The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry ★★★☆☆
  5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding ★☆☆☆☆
  6. Mind Games by Teri Terry  ★★★★★
  7. Fragile Bones: Anna and Harrison (One-2-One #1) by Lorna Schultz Nicholson  ★★★★☆
  8. Reluctantly Married by Victorine E. Lieske ★★★★★
  9. Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach ★☆☆☆☆
  10. Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor ★★☆☆☆
  11. The Beginner's Guide to the Birds and the Bess by Sophie Hart ★★★★☆
  12. The Pearl by John Steinbeck ★☆☆☆☆
  13. Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E.L. James ★★★☆☆
  14. Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2) by E.L. James ★★★★☆
The single short story I read was: 
  1. Love Sucks and then You Die (Eve & Adam #0.5) ★★☆☆☆

This month started out great and ended quite sadly. I actually DNF'ed (Did-not-finish) a bunch of books this month. I went through my review books and read 10% of most of them - the ones I wanted to read I kept and the ones I didn't like, after having read 10%, I wrote a DNF-review for.

As I've mentioned a couple of times February was quite an eventful month! Some of the things that happened was: 
  • I read my first nonfiction book of the year and I loved it! 
  • I received my first couple of physical books for review of the year - Fish Out of Water by Natalie Whipple and The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry
  • I found out that Harper Lee is publishing the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird AND that Go Set a Watchman (the sequel) was actually written before To Kill a Mockingbird. Fun facts!
  • My instagram account turned 1! Hurray.
  • I read a book of of my 20 before 20 list!
  • I am now auto-approved by Clockwise Press on Netgalley + my review of Fragile Bones is featured on Netgalley! I also reached an 80+% feedback ratio on Netgalley! 
  • I had my first surgery ever! Not voluntarily though - but I still had it and I came out on top so everything's good! 
  • I was at my first bookclub meeting (out of 3) of the year! It's for school so I get brownie points for doing it, two birds with one stone right? 

Since March is looming I figured I'd make a list of what I'm looking forward to
  • My 18th birthday, which is right around the corner on March 2. 
  • Getting well again, I hate being sick. 
  • We have mid-term exams (which I'm not looking forward to) and I can't wait 'till they're over!
  • The book club meeting near the end of the month! 
  • There's also a fantasy-festival which I'm hoping I can go to if I'm well enough *crossing fingers*
  • I'm going to see my very first live stand-up show on the 18th. It's a Danish comedian called Torben Chris. 
  • The release of both Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby and 99 Days by Katie Cotugno on the 21st

I never stick to TBR's and I mostly set them after which review books I have to read for next month's reviews but sometimes I like setting myself some goals so here is some books I look forward to reading and hope to read in March; 
  • Emma by Jane Austen - so I can cross it off my 20 before 20 list
  • The Beloved by Alison Rattle and the first two books in the Lumikki Andersson by Salla Simukka 
  • The Gospel According to Drew Barrymore by Pippa Wright - just received it from netgalley and it looks quite promising. 

Was February a good month for you or not? What are you looking forward to the most in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment