26 November 2013

Winter reads!

Since I love Christmas, I thought it would be great to do a recommendation post with books that are perfect for Wintertime!

This list includes classics, contemporary, childrens, spin-offs / retellings etc.

Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)


First we have Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce which is a retelling of "The Snow Queen" by H.C. Andersen (which is another story you could read). This is tecnically the 4th in a series, but since it is only a "companion" series you can read this as a standalone - if you like.



Dash & Lily's Book of Dares





Then we have Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I read this in February and I had to give it 5 stars because I seriously enjoyed it. It is set during the Wintertime and it has a sweet romance in it. AND BOOKS.



Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances




Let it Snow by John Grenn, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson is another cute christmas book which contains 3 holiday romances. I can honestly say that John Green is the only reason why I bought this book, and I cannot wait to read it.



How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Yellow back book)


I love Dr. Seuss - The Lorax is my all-time favorite movie - so How the Grinch Stole Christmas is an obvious choice. It is such a light read and such a fun one too. I love reading it aloud and making funny voices for my baby brother.



A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Books




A Christmas Carol and other Christmas books by Charles Dickens. I watched the adaptation with Jim Carrey in it back in 2009 and I loved it. Since then I have had an obsession with a Christmas Carol, so this is a perfect book since it contains other books by Dickens too. I believe there a 5 in total.


I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas




I am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas. I found this a while back and I thought it was such a weird idea that I just HAD to buy it. So apparantly zombies are in for Christmas too!









Claus: Legend of the Fat ManThe Indie Eclective: The Holiday Collection
Claus: The Legend of the Fat Man by Tony Bertauski. A book about SANTA! I think this has another angle on the whole Santa-thing, but I am not sure.








The Holiday Collection from the Indie Eclective. A bunch of short Christmas stories wrapped in one FREE EBOOK.


Twas the Night Before Christmas






Twas the Night before Christmas and other Christmas Stories. This contains about 30 different stories about Christmas (it also contains A Christmas Carol)
If you want to read an adaption of "Twas the Night before Christmas", then check out "Twas the Zombie Attack before Christmas"


No comments:

Post a Comment