30 December 2015

December wrap up


December has been quite hectic even though I didn't have any things to do. Quite weird actually. I started singing in our local church choir again last month so I've been quite busy with church stuff, I also had my second bookclub meeting where we discussed Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk.
I kind of neglected blogging in December, I also neglected reading to a certain point. I feel a bit bad for 'leaving' you but hopefully I can do better now!

In the course of December I managed to read 7 books, not bad but I've read more in a month;
  1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han 
  2. Dublin or Princes of Ireland (The Dublin Saga, #1) by Edward Rutherford 
  3. Sanddrømmeren (Sanddrømmeren, #1) by Sidsel Katrine Slej 
  4. Runemagikeren (Sanddrømmeren, #2) by Sidsel Katrine Slej 
  5. The Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann 
  6. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga 
  7. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt 
I hadn't expected to love To All the Boys I've Loved Before as much as I did! I panicked afterwards because I didn't have the sequel on hand.. Now that I have it I'm scared to read it because I know it's the end. It's a mean thing to do Jenny Han! 
I finally finished Dublin, which is normally called Princes in Ireland. I enjoyed it but definitely not as much as I thought I would! Also, it's quite a big book - 760 odd pages! 
So, I read 2 Danish books, or rather, books that are actually written by a Danish author. I have no idea how to translate the titles but it's about Northern mythology and it's YA. Again, I didn't expect to love them that much, I expected to really enjoy them! I'm definitely anticipating the next (maybe last?) book in the series because of the ending - quite a cliffhanger. 
I received all 6 of the Penguin Christmas Classics from an online book store but the only one I managed to read in December was The Nutcracker and I was quite disappointed. I'm going to give it a couple more chances though. 
The Danish translation of My Heart and Other Black Holes was released a couple of months ago and the publisher kindly sent me a copy for review. I definitely enjoyed it but it doesn't exactly stand out from all the other books with similar topics, if you catch my drift. 
Lastly we have Tell the Wolves I'm Home which I finished on New Year's. To be completely honest with you guys; I loved it. It's so different from all the other young adult books and I just really enjoyed it. 

I can't remember whether I told you guys about my Christmas calendar I made myself with shorter pieces of literature. I had made a list with titles and dates.. Sad thing is that I totally failed. I managed to read a few though; 
  1. The Chimes by Charles Dickens 
  2. Miss Muffet's Christmas Party by Samuel McChord Crothers 
  3. The Fir Tree by Hans Christian Andersen 
  4. A Country Christmas by Louisa May Alcott 
  5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss ★ (childrens book, reread)
  6. The Polar Express by Chris van Alssburg ★ (childrens book)

That was the last month of 2015! It was definitely a great year! Happy New Year guys and may your new year be filled with books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment