31 October 2013

Halloween: a tag and some recommendations

It's HALLOWEEN!

1. Which are your favourite supernatural/horror/scary characters to read about? (e.g. vampires, werewolves, witches, monsters, serial killers, murderers etc).
Ghosts! I love reading about ghosts, I think it is so scary and creepy - since I believe that ghosts exists. Unbreakable and Anna dressed in blood are really great ghost stories. 

2. Which scene from any book would be your ultimate nightmare to have been part of?
Tobias' fear landscape, I am afraid of heights and I have claustrophobia.....

3. If you could visit and explore any one scary or evil setting which would you pick and why?
Unbreakable! It would feel like I were in a TV show - a paranormal TV show - that would be AMAZING!

4. Which book was so frighteningly terrible that you almost fell asleep for eternity trying to finish it?
The 19thwife or Delirium... They were soooooo terrible

5. Name one book you wish you could pull certain pages out of and swap for others to make it better?
Allegiant….. That ending killed me!

6. If you could turn any 'bad or evil' character into a good character, who would you pick and why?
hmmmm I do not know, it would be fun to experience Voldemort as a good guy, Draco Malfoy or Bellatrix Lestrange.... I really like Bellatrix and Malfoy would be the sweetest as a good guy. 

Quick fire round:
1. Favourite vampire character?
Alice or Emmett from Twilight

2. Favourite werewolf character?
Ren or Shay from the Nightshade series.

3. Favourite witch character?
Evil: Bellatrix Lestrange 
Good: Luna Lovegood 

4. Favourite monster character?
R from Warm Bodies (a zombie is a monster, right?)
or Tyson (cyclop) from the Percy Jackson series

5. Favourite ghost character?
Anna from the Anna dressed in Blood duology

6. Favourite serial killer/murderer character?
I do not think I have one.


Halloween Reads
Unbreakable (The Legion, #1)

If you haven't guessed allready, I am going to recommend Unbreakable by Kami Garcia. I have written a review, you can find it here.
This book is probably my new all-time favorite paranormal book. I really enjoyed it and it is the perfect read for halloween since it scared the **** out of me.


Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)




I believe I read Anna dressed in Blood back in July or August, and I really liked it. It is not nearly as creepy as Unbreakable, but it is still a creepy read.


The Graveyard Book



I read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman in 2011, it is not that creepy - maybe it is for younger readers - but it is set in a graveyard and the characters are wonderful. I cannot remember that much about this book, exept that it was cute but a tinge creepy.

The Indie Eclective: The Halloween Collection



The Indie Eclelective: The Halloween Collection, is a collection of spooky stories. It is about 100 pages, so it is not that bad, perfect for a quick halloween read. You can get it for free on amazon, just click here. I have not read it yet, but I am going to this evening, hopefully. That cover, doesn't it just scream "HALLOWEEN"?


There is a lot of free books on amazon for kindle, here is some of the more creepy ones, I have read some of them, but not all.

There you have it, a bunch of recommendations, both short stories AND books AND free ebooks! 


I have been thinking about making a monthly post with some great free kindle books / collections. And maybe some that sounds interesting that I have not yet read. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment