31 January 2015

Monthly wrap-up for January!


Can you believe a whole month has passed? It's almost February and I feel like we're barely in the middle of January, but oh well, it does not do to dwell on the past - except for when it comes to wrap-ups. 
I know I've been MIA for a while again and that's because life and school happened. But it has settled down a bit so maybe I have more time for blogging now. Last year I stopped making these monthly wrap-ups near the end, but I enjoy making them since I can go back and look what I've done throughout the year reading wise.

I was in kind of a reading slump for a week or two, I read The List the 27th and didn't really pick another book up before January 8th - but I read 3 whole books that weekend so I guess that makes up for it, right? 
But which books did I actually read in January? I managed to read 10 books - one of which I seriously just finished.
  1. Never Never (Never Never #1) by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher ★★★★★
  2. Slammed (Slammed #1) by Colleen Hoover ★★★★★
  3. Paper Swans by Jessica Thompson ★★★★☆
  4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan ★★★☆☆
  5. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★☆
  6. Room by Emma Donoghue ★★★☆☆
  7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee ★★★☆☆
  8. Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer ★★☆☆☆
  9. Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate ★★★★☆
  10. Shattered (Slated #3) by Teri Terry ★★★★☆

What happened in January then? 
  • I finished my very first book of the year - Never Never - which is also my very first Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher book. I've never read a book by any of those authors before
  • I read 3 books during a weekend! 
  • I read my first classic of the year
  • I was seriously disappointed by Belzhar,  a book I've been looking forward to reading and I was sure I was going to love it - and I did until the last 50 pages which totally ruined the book
  • I participated in National Read-a-thon day and I managed to read Room in the course of that day! 
  • I marked The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig as DNF (did not finish). I read half of the e-galley I received from Netgalley but I was just not feeling it. I also marked Lost & Found by Brooke Davis as DNF
  • I finished the Slated trilogy! 
  • I reached 700 followers on Instagram!

Did anything special happen to you this month? Did you read any great books? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment